FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:11 am
jphripjah

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Seems they are no longer comping the tax as they used to. Prolly will save them about 10-12,000/mth.

No longer comping the tax on what an for what bookings, award bookings? I made a five night award booking in September for a stay in August. It says total for stay 380,000 points. Then much further down in fine print after some ads it says:

Tax
12.00% Per Room Per Night
6.00 Per Guest Per Night

My thought is that this is form language that applies to paid bookings that they just erroneously put in the confirmation email on my award booking.

I actually made a later award booking using a free night a few weeks ago, to add a sixth night to this stay, and the confirmation email says nothing about the tax or $6 per person fee.

When I log into the Hilton website and click on my reservations, it just refers to the total points used for the stay, with no mention of $6 a night per person surcharge or tax.