FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:19 am
MaldivesFreak

Originally Posted by texmanufan
I have communicated via email a high spend history in past visits and a commitment for an upcoming visit while asking for.free upgrades. Strategy hasn't worked for me. I made the mistake of paying for an upgrade my first visit though. After a few visits and speaking with other Diamonds on property I believe if you have a history of paying for upgrades you are less likely to get free upgrades than those who haven't. A free upgrade from a BV to a DBV or WV is the most likely free upgrade. I have spoke to some Diamonds who routinely get upgraded to RWV from BV as well. Pretty sure a free upgrade from OWV to a larger category on the smaller island is rare.
Interesting because I paid for a 3-night upgrade to SWV on our first stay (BV was cash too) but have been upgraded pretty much every visit since. Half the time we pay cash and half the time we use points.

Originally Posted by Cynicor
Currently have 2 rooms reserved for the same time period under my account. I am a diamond, the other person is a gold. Is it worth trying to get the reservation switched over or will they give them gold benefits if I tell them the HH number of the other occupants?
Any advantage to either way?
If (ei)the(r) person staying in a second room has Elite status then they / that room will get the benefit.
What you don't want to do is waste any spend over 10k and lose base points.

Originally Posted by Private Pyle
I'd clarify if the 110 credit is 110++ or 85.47++ if you opt for this.
I got a great half board deal a few years ago when paying to stay and although I forget the exact figures, the credit you could use elsewhere was not ++. In other words if they advertised it as 110 they meant 85.47++
This would be 89.28++. You divide by 0.81169 to get pre tax amounts.