FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Devaluation Time - New Award Chart Effective 24 January 2019
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:07 am
Wen Zheng

Originally Posted by tpsmith82
So currently ticketed 2 F awards MNL > SIN > SYD. Wanting to change to MNL > SIN > MEL. I booked this pre devaluation. If I change now trying to figure out if I'll owe the additional 5k in miles per ticket, or if it will just be the $25 change of route fee. I'm guess only the $25 since I will not need to redeposit miles, just changing final route.

Any thoughts?
Originally Posted by kapooncha
It's the last course of action. If I've been nice and nice and nice and aren't getting anywhere, I'm obviously not going to continue being nice about it.

About a month ago, I had an F award on SQ metal. However, it had 2 legs, stopover in Tokyo. I called to cancel just the 1st leg and apparently SQ's policy doesn't allow that, have to cancel the whole ticket. When I looked at award space from NRT-LAX, there was space but not at the saver price I already had a ticket for. The girl wasn't getting it, and didn't get it until I raised my voice and threw a few expletives in for good measure. The girl relented and did as I asked. Sometimes being nice doesn't work.

You might, but the representative that was dealing with the OP wasn't.
Think one should look into context and there are many occasion where one face with a clearly incompetent CSO who may not have the interest to resolve an issue unless one push further. Of course, a easier way would be to HUCA. But at times may need to push abit further, especially where the waiting time for each call is going to be an hour.

For tpsmith82 flight, SYD and MEL is clearly two different location. This would definitely require the re-issuance of tickets which mean the new miles rate should apply in accordance to the tnc.

However, for kapooncha, it may be a simple case of incompetent CSO who did not want to go further other than the standard procedures. If a pax has redeemed a ticket with two segments, cancelling one of the segment should not result in the other segment being cancelled. SQ can definitely hold on to the other segment and reissue the ticket. The only exception is where married segments apply in the booking where the individual segments does not availability at all (i.e. SIN-HKG-SFO individual segments availability may not be the same as the married segment from SIN-SFO on the same flight). However, presumably that kapooncha has used the word "stopover" correctly, there should not be a married segment issue. In this case, SQ can definitely hold on the NRT-LAX segment and reissue the ticket with this single segment (kapooncha would need to pay the cancellation fees , where applicable). This would not be a plain reissuance on the understanding that kapooncha is also looking at the refund of the miles differences.