Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Devaluation Time - New Award Chart Effective 24 January 2019

Old Jan 2, 19, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Enjoy.
Old Jan 2, 19, 3:45 pm

I have an award booking on hold until May. Should I finalize it now or is my price locked in?
Old Jan 2, 19, 4:08 pm

Damn it, I have to book Feb 3 for a trip on Jan 3 to 23 in 2020... Not only is F going up but I gotta find miles in 3 weeks...
Old Jan 2, 19, 4:11 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by opiuman View Post
Damn it, I have to book Feb 3 for a trip on Jan 3 to 23 in 2020... Not only is F going up but I gotta find miles in 3 weeks...
Split into two x one ways and ticket Jan 3 before the increase?
nastar1 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 19, 4:36 pm

Do you need to finalise hold tickets before deval? or will you need to pay the rate quoted when holding?
Old Jan 2, 19, 4:56 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Elevators View Post
Do you need to finalise hold tickets before deval? or will you need to pay the rate quoted when holding?
Based on previous devaluations, the points are deducted in accordance with the award chart at the time of ticketing (not at time of making the booking). So yes, need to finalise before devaluation to use the existing chart.
HughMann likes this.
Old Jan 2, 19, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by lokijuh View Post
Split into two x one ways and ticket Jan 3 before the increase?
That would save me the cost on half of it but I wanted to do a RT saver so I get the stopover free. Without that I would end up paying 200 for the two of us.

I'm going to have to calculate it out when I get home which option is cheaper overall. The plan is LAX-NRT-SIN on Jan 3 or Jan 4 2020, SIN-NRT->stopover in NRT on the 16th then NRT-LAX on the 23rd. The website only lets you book the whole trip/stopovers when the whole schedule covering the trip is available.
Old Jan 2, 19, 5:52 pm
THR

If it was me, I'd just pay the stopover fee - than run of the risk of not being able to get any seats.
opiuman likes this.
Old Jan 2, 19, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Phaze View Post
Typo under the advantage chart that says saver round trip awards get two complimentary stop overs.
Old Jan 2, 19, 6:43 pm

To me this devalues the redemption discount you get at $40k spend when PPS during a single year. Still a nice discount of course but this gives less incentive to hit it.
Old Jan 2, 19, 7:06 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks Phaze for the heads up.

Bloody he**. I just ticketed a Europe Biz RT yesterday and a Bali Biz flight last week. Better think about my plans and squeeze in another trip or two that may be needed before the increase.

What bothers me most is that this marks the second round of increases in less then two years time. Grumbles.

Last edited by demue; Jan 2, 19 at 7:18 pm
Old Jan 2, 19, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by lokijuh View Post
Based on previous devaluations, the points are deducted in accordance with the award chart at the time of ticketing (not at time of making the booking). So yes, need to finalise before devaluation to use the existing chart.
I'm guessing this is the same case with waitlists, or is that what your talking about? I've got several things waitlisted now, but IF they clear probobly won't be till after devaluation. My guess is I would have to pay new devalued saver rate, correct?

Also, what do you think happens to all my waitlist after the 24th since I will then no longer have the required amount of miles in my account to cover the waitlisted award?
Old Jan 2, 19, 7:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HHD, SPG LTG
What happened to Zone 9?

It's now only Australia and New Zealand .... before 24/1/19 one could fly Australia to French Polynesia! Grrrrrr!
shuuy likes this.
Old Jan 2, 19, 8:07 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by tpsmith82 View Post
I'm guessing this is the same case with waitlists, or is that what your talking about? I've got several things waitlisted now, but IF they clear probobly won't be till after devaluation. My guess is I would have to pay new devalued saver rate, correct?

Also, what do you think happens to all my waitlist after the 24th since I will then no longer have the required amount of miles in my account to cover the waitlisted award?
Your existing waitlists will be fine even if the miles in your account are not sufficient any longer to make the redemption meaning ticket the award when the waitlist clears. Only wait listing new awards on or after 24 Jan 2019 will require the new mileage amounts to be available in the account.

If your waitlist clears on or after 24 Jan 2019 and you ticket the flights at that point in time the new mileage requirements will apply. It does not matter when the flights were waitlisted, it matters only when the flights are ticketed.

Also - rumor has it that there are more announcements / news coming regarding KrisFlyeraside from the mileage increases so better keep on the lookout for more info.

Last edited by demue; Jan 2, 19 at 8:21 pm
Old Jan 2, 19, 8:13 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by tpsmith82 View Post

I have a couple flights waitlisted as well - low chance that they will clear before the 24th ......sigh

Search this Thread
Search Engine: