FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Taipei Marriott Hotel [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:02 am
Marno

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium and LTT
We stayed here in November. The location is out of the way, but we’re big walkers so we’d head to the bike path along the river and then follow that into the city each day. There is a metro stop about an 8 minute walk from the hotel. Also, taxis are quite cheap, yet very clean with polite drivers. We had no issues using them to/from dinner each night.

The room and bathroom was spacious and modern. We had a nice mountain view. The lounge was large and never overcrowded when we were there. Breakfast was okay. Heavy emphasis on Chinese offerings, which was fine with us. I thought the evening spread was more than decent and could have made dinner out of it had I chose to. There was a large selection of bottled liquor with a cocktail station, including shakers, strainers, different glasses, etc. There were also a few wines and beer in the refrigerator with the soft drinks.

We were a family of 3 and did not have any issues getting access to the lounge. We also saw a number of other families, larger than ours. So it didn’t seem to me they were enforcing the 2 pax rule. Perhaps that’s because it wasn’t that busy to begin with.

I’d stay there again, but I don’t mind being out of the way. Also, note to those who book on corporate rates. They demanded a business card or ID upon check-in, which I produced. They then photocopied my business card and said they’d be sending an email to my corporate account. It didn’t arrive, so I’m not sure if this was an empty threat. Either way, it seemed clear to me that had I not been carrying a business card (or had I used a corporate rate to which I wasn’t entitled), there may have been an issue at check in.