FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:54 pm
asia15

Programs: Marriott Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, StarAlliance Silver
Originally Posted by wallyboag
Update to my issue above-

They sent an e-mail denying the price match saying that prestigia.com was "inelligible" for the price match program.

I respond asking what made them an inelligible site.

They responded saying that their terms did not match Hilton's.

I had enough with the games so was ready to cancel my reservation. I responded "OK, thank you. I will cancel my reservation." Literally my response was just those 8 words.

Today I got an e-mail saying that there was a mistake and prestigia IS ellibible and they are matching the rate plus the 25% discount.

Bravo for Hilton for following through on their promise of matching the rate. Kind of silly to have to play a game to get the match though.
Since you wrote this, I sent a claim for a lower price on Prestigia. It was 130$ for 2 night against 400$.
First they said that Prestigia is not elegibile since there is no immediate confirmation.
At this point I wrote that its written on website that all reservations are with immediate confirmation. I also written that I will change hotel if they still deny the claim
So they reply that on Prestigia I have to pay now also if it's a refundable rate and on Hilton's I pay at check out, so it's not the same.
I cancelled of course, they will never have my money. Last year with Hilton, then go back to Marriott, at least they are honest and serious, not this offensive joke