FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is taking 2 stickers for my wife’s upgrade worth complaining about?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:07 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Les Anderson
I took a flight from MIA to ATL with my wife (no status) Saturday night. I am ppro and get comp upgrades, I opted in to have her upgraded as well with 2 of my stickers. It was an a319 so chances were slim.

After the doors closed, the FA came back and told me they had a seat, which I accepted and thanked her. I let my wife move up front and take the seat.

I just happened to be in the app today, and I noticed that they docked me 2 stickers for upgrading my wife. When flying with my family I often put myself on a separate pnr in hopes of grabbing an upgrade, and I always give it to my wife and it has never been an issue.

It is only 2 stickers, but doesn't it seem the FA should have just documented me being in that seat, instead of dinging me 2 stickers? Do you think this even occurs to them? Technically should it even be possible for my non status companion to bump the next person in line for an upgrade if me as the elite doesnt technically accept or be upgraded?

Thanks
I would call AAdvantage Customer Service (not the normal reservations number), tell them you received your UDU/sticker upgrade via PLT Pro status on a recent MIA-ATL flight, but after the fact you noticed that 2 stickers were erroneously deducted from your account. Leave out any further details about getting the upgrade after boarding or switching seats with your wife, etc. Just see what they come back with. Best case they will apologize for the error and credit you 2 stickers back to your account. Worst case they say it looks like your companion was upgraded and thus 2 stickers were correctly pulled. Either way you've got nothing to lose.