FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:02 am
asia15

Programs: Marriott Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, StarAlliance Silver
Originally Posted by wallyboag
I had enough with the games so was ready to cancel my reservation. I responded "OK, thank you. I will cancel my reservation." Literally my response was just those 8 words.
Today I got an e-mail saying that there was a mistake and prestigia IS ellibible and they are matching the rate plus the 25% discount.
Ahahahah
Honestly I'm pretty sure that when you claim with your HHonors on your reservation or in the claim, they will reject more easy because they know you need that reservation to have points and benefits.
I spoke several times with agents in US and in Europe. They rejected my claim every times, always with stupid reasons.
Yesterday the agent said to me "ok, let's see why the rate is lower... because it's not possible so there is something wrong". like "its not possible so you are wrong".
Anyway, yesterday evening I called again (around 10-15th call). This time when the agent started with their pathetic comedy I said "ok look, if you cannot give me the 25% off, I will book on the 3rd part... it's cheaper and I don't have to pay currency exchange, so it's like 50-60 euro of difference". I waited 20 minutes at phone and.... boom, 25% off approved.
I think always more they are really dis-honest people