FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA's Micronesia Island Hopper - consolidated questions, advice, ....
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:35 pm
seakrait

Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
This should work in the Micronesia stops, but not on MAJ. On MAJ the passport stamp guy is in the baggage collection room. If you go for the stamp you will have access to checked bag contents. Not secure anymore. And they will have closed security by the time you land. So technically there is no way to get back through security and back onto the flight. Now, if you check a bag on the hopper, they may go looking for you because they would have to offload your bag, and at that point they may decide that the lesser pain would be to screen you so you can get back on. IF the security screeners are still at the airport. Big IF. It's quite risky. You may want to try the special room that ctownflyer described in his blog, but I think this too is YMMV.

Then again, there are worse places to be stuck in than the Marshall Islands!

No idea how to get stamped at KWA since they don't let you off the plane.
Flew 154 one year ago, nearly to the day (Friday 9 Feb 2018, going into the 10). Flew HNL-MAJ-KWA-KSA-PNI-TKK-GUM-MNL on a Friday/Saturday. I did manage to get stamps at all the stops except KWA, where I could not deplane due to the army base. MAJ was the only place I ran into issues trying to get one, but I persevered.

Majuro - most challenging, they were reluctant to stamp due to the secure area issue/laziness but I went back to the edge of DEPARTURE security/immigration to ask the officer (same booth as arrivals, but separate window). I told the officer it was "for my records" and tried to be as polite as possible, he was annoyed but stamped it.

Kosrae - An officer took my passport into the arrivals hall to stamp and sent me to the departure lounge, then brought my passport back to me. Easy.

Pohnpei & Chuuk - I got pointed towards the arrivals halls and asked, explaining I was transiting. Also easy.

Guam - Since I was coming from HNL, the USCBP officer told me I was "already cleared" after checking my passport/global entry. I requested a (United States) stamp as a souvenir and he gave it to me.

Manila - normal arrival stamp

Last edited by seakrait; Feb 10, 2019 at 12:40 pm