FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:48 am
dgreen12

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by RogerD408
It's very rare when I find a CSR that is willing to own a problem and get it resolved.
I lucked into that person yesterday.

Points hadn't posted from a mid-January stay at the Orlando World Center Marriott (which didn't surprise me, they never do for me.)

Submitted the missing stay request. First response (within 24 hours of the submission) had the correct nights, but incorrect points amount. Replied to the first response, with a detailed calculation by me of the correct number of points. Points increased, but not the correct amount. Second Missing Stay agent (I had given up on the first) said the points had already posted. Replied indicating that not the correct number of points had posted (with the same detailed calculation). Response? "Our calculation is correct as you don't earn points on taxes." (They had deducted seven nights of taxes, my stay was for five nights.)

First call into Customer Service was answered quickly, and the agent did a quick calculation which agreed with mine. Fixed within 10 minutes on the phone, but it's sad that the first two agents in the Missing Stay department had no clue as to what they were doing.