FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada iPhone app
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:31 am
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FightorFlight
Hey guys,

I've found a glitch with the Air Canada App. This is on the newest version of the app and Feedback has been submitted. Unfortunately, Air Canada wasn't of any help (not surprised).

TLDR is that AC is charging Preferred Seating in the wrong currency (Euros) instead of CAD. Fee is supposed to be $105 CAD, payment screen shows as such, but the final billed charged was €105. Air Canada denies any such thing even after providing proof.

This was for a family friend who had this issue on the weekend. Not sure if anything can be done as AC doesn't seem to want to use logic and help. A ticket has been submitted to customer relations, but the current wait time is 41 Business Days. I'm assuming a credit card dispute is the only way to resolve this? Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. It's a very odd situation and I wonder if anyone else has noticed this as well?
Are you sure the glitch is in the charge, and not in the display? It doesn't really make a difference in your situation since you were not charged what was advertised, but things like baggage and lounge guest fees are always charged in the local currency, not CAD.