FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:32 am
bgriff

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by awu25
Booked a points/cash stay in a Marriott about half a year ago (1 night points, 2 nights cash). Recently made a change to reduce it to 2 nights (cash). Account shows activity of "Standard Redemption Rate, Cancelled 0 Rewards - +0 points". Ambassador says points were returned. I don't regularly check my account balance so unfortunately do not remember the amount prior to the edit. Any other way to confirm that the points were returned to my account?
This seems to be the standard display now, which I agree is annoying. If it's any consolation, any time I've cancelled points bookings in the past few months (after we got out of the very worst phase of IT glitches), the points have in fact come back, so most likely you're okay. But if you're not, I guess you'll never know...

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Well, well, well. Guess who is responsible for missing points. I wrote Le Meridien re a missing stay from a week ago. I received this reply a few hours later.

Missing Starwood.
Email the Lurkers -- [email protected] . They were able to help me in a similar situation. (Which literally no one else at Marriott was willing/able to help with, but at least we still have them for now anyway...)