FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - An Open Letter to the Sick Passenger on My AS Flight
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:18 pm
Buster CT1K

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
An Open Letter to the Sick Passenger on My AS Flight

Dear Sir,

On yesterday's flight, you were clearly unwell and had a severe cold. You were coughing and sneezing loudly and often throughout the flight from board to de-icing, to takeoff, touchdown, and disembarkation.

Yes, I get it -- everyone gets sick from time to time. But your repeated open-mouthed coughing was really not appreciated by the rest of the first class cabin. You did not seem to make any attempt to cover your mouth with a paper or cloth napkin, both of which were available from the flight attendant. You may very well have infected a dozen other passengers in the cabin. The passenger seated in front of you was forced to wear a respiratory mask because you were not considerate enough to wear one yourself.

If you are unable to postpone your travels, do at least try not to spread germs to your fellow passengers.

Last edited by dayone; Feb 4, 2019 at 3:24 pm Reason: Remove specific info.