FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Extra ("ExtrAA") Program (master thread)
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:25 pm
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by ryan182
Thanks, confirms my concern...I'll set an EF alert and call in to un-waitlist/re-apply should I get an alert and know better for next time!! Frustrating part is I booked Mint for the outbound but figured I'd take AA for the return to grab some EQMs as the Mint ticket was $400ish and AA was >$700 for J but $180 for Y and with a completely empty J cabin figured I'd likely clear using BXP as I need EQMs more than EQDs this year. If I had a do-over I would have just booked Mint both directions :/
Actually your strategy isn't a bad one -- maybe the waitlist will clear automatically. If it doesn't & there's C space, call to try to push it through (probably won't work but who knows) and if it doesn't work then get that very same agent to un-waitlist you. Then call back to clear it using a different agent, hanging up and calling back again if need be.