FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Shed Seven seven seven ... [vital-ish bits broken]
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:21 am
Oxon Flyer
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The seat belt issue was presumably addressed by PA announcements, but I'm not wholly sure this should have taken to the skies with passengers on board, I'd be concerned what else wasn't working. We don't know the route but if it was es LHR then perhaps they knew they had problems, had the engineers checking stuff urgently but then didn't screw back the grilles

I guess the inconvenience was (a) lights on all the time - was it a day time flight? and (b) more announcements than usual - was it a rocky service? So given the lack of detail here, 5K Avios?
Overnight flight in darkness all the way, into Heathrow. With all the lights on, there was a general restlessness in the cabin, and a lot of bleary-eyed passengers disembarking.

One thing I forgot to mention was the some of the PA announcements, including those from the flight deck, were barely audible. Others, including the one from the CSM stating they were trying to fix the lights problem were crystal clear. Maybe the glitch had affected the PA too.

The “we’ll be dimming tha cabin lights” announcement before takeoff was conspicuous by its absence, so they knew before they went.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Feb 3, 2019 at 2:30 am