FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything you want to know about where to sit on the 787-10
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:50 am
DELee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
8L on ship N14001

Originally booked into 20J (Premium Plus) with RPU applied. Got the bump at door closing (as well as 5 others).

For larger, taller persons like me, it was tight. 8L only has 1 window, way back over the seat's shoulder. Had I been more on my ball game, I would have asked 7L to switch to get the 3 windows he had since he too was a last minute upgrade and principally kept his windows darkened through the trip.

Aisles in 781 J are _narrow_ - view toward the front:

View aft toward steerage:

Didn't take the shot but you get to see into 7F and what they are watching...

We left LAX in the rain. Got to altitude and AZ and NM had their dustings of snow. That being said, since this was a 787, windows darken but you can feel the remaining wavelengths of the solar spectrum through the window - especially if you are on the starboard (right/south) side travelling east. Probably should have applied my sunscreen - instead, I kept darkening/undarkening the window as well as hiding from the sun as it really hit as we were getting closer to EWR.

Looking aft out the window, the starboard engine and wing are quite prominent:

Also, if you want to really blank out, darken the window(s) and pull up the calming videos from space on you IFE display:

David

t.p.s./p.t.s. Dining experience here.

Last edited by DELee; Feb 2, 2019 at 10:56 am