FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Extra ("ExtrAA") Program (master thread)
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:40 am
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by ryan182
First time I've tried to use a BXP1 and have a question: I got the e-cert and called to have it applied, I knew from EF there was no C space (despite 0 seats reserved and 7s across the board on all faire classes....) - agent was super nice, I ended up having to pony up an extra $29 to move out of S bucket, I know now to check that before hand, but after all was re-ticketed and waitlisted I check on AA.com and under upgrades for the flight it still shows "Type : Complimentary, Requested"...I know for SWUs that changes to System Wide. Is it supposed to change for BXP1s as well? If so does it take time to show on aa.com and I just need to wait or should I call back?
if you learned anything from this thread, it should be "never waitlist a BXP1" -- even the good agents might not be able to push it through when C becomes available, whereas if you set an EF alert and simply call to apply the BXP1 once C is available, at least the good agents can clear it.