FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:39 am
arcticflier

Programs: AS MVPG & BoardRoom
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
Yep, "Never" can be a long time. So, I agree that most threats are probably not followed through forever. But some people believe their issue is reason to take a stand to extract their revenge or, more nobly,do it for others, and retain their self-respect.

Would you agree that people don't forget if they were made to feel bad. That can include being cheated, disrespected, played the fool, given food sickness etc. To make a point, have you ever been to a restaurant and decided not to go back?

Come to think of it, for over 25 years I have not flown on one major. I am long over the issue but it gave me the motivation to develop travel patterns that don't include them.
Also, for the past 6 years or so, I have been avoiding another major airline. I vote. My one vote may not make THE difference but votes do add up.

I make choices that are influenced by my experiences. The "I'll take my business elsewhere" sentiment is the way people feel when the vote in a free market with their wallets. That sentiment often is stated as "I will never..."
“Vote with their Wallets” is exactly my point.

This threat is so over-used in the social media world today that I am surprised a CS agent would still give it any credibility.

I suspect most travelers choose the ticket on Orbitz (or similar) based on a combination of price and duration only and may boycott an airline once or twice max before their tantrum has passed.

The consumer choice most often comes down to what is best for their wallet.