FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Extra ("ExtrAA") Program (master thread)
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:56 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by ryan182
First time I've tried to use a BXP1 and have a question: I got the e-cert and called to have it applied, I knew from EF there was no C space (despite 0 seats reserved and 7s across the board on all faire classes....) - agent was super nice, I ended up having to pony up an extra $29 to move out of S bucket, I know now to check that before hand, but after all was re-ticketed and waitlisted I check on AA.com and under upgrades for the flight it still shows "Type : Complimentary, Requested"...I know for SWUs that changes to System Wide. Is it supposed to change for BXP1s as well? If so does it take time to show on aa.com and I just need to wait or should I call back?
IME it definitely doesn't change to show "BE Upgrade Requested" or anything like that. If yours shows complimentary upgrade requested I'd probably call meeting services back and make sure you're waitlisted correctly. I typically deal with the meeting services folks 3 or 4 times a year for BE upgrades and awards, and l rarely get off the phone having a high confidence level that things are set up correctly.

I mentioned it just up thread, but IME the meeting services reps are no different than your normal run of the mill AA phone reps, some are ok but many are not well trained to borderline clueless.