FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier
Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:56 am
PaperGlider

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by arcticflier

is this called, “Biting off ones nose to spite their face”?

I have never understood these constant threats to never fly an airline again. Do people really follow through on such promises?
Yep, "Never" can be a long time. So, I agree that most threats are probably not followed through forever. But some people believe their issue is reason to take a stand to extract their revenge or, more nobly,do it for others, and retain their self-respect.

Would you agree that people don't forget if they were made to feel bad. That can include being cheated, disrespected, played the fool, given food sickness etc. To make a point, have you ever been to a restaurant and decided not to go back?

Come to think of it, for over 25 years I have not flown on one major. I am long over the issue but it gave me the motivation to develop travel patterns that don't include them.
Also, for the past 6 years or so, I have been avoiding another major airline. I vote. My one vote may not make THE difference but votes do add up.

I make choices that are influenced by my experiences. The "I'll take my business elsewhere" sentiment is the way people feel when the vote in a free market with their wallets. That sentiment often is stated as "I will never..."