FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade After Booking Confirmation
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:34 pm
blum81

Location: Vancouver, Manila, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong
Programs: CX-DM, Marriott Gold, Fairmont Premier
Originally Posted by SilverChris
Yes you can. Depending on your fare rules you might have to pay a fee in addition to the fare difference.
I'm ok with a change fee if it applies

Originally Posted by minz56
It depends on how the original ticket was booked. If it was booked by yourself on the MH website then you should be able to upgrade it online using Manage My Booking, otherwise a call to MH will get it done. If the original ticket was booked through a TA then you need to go back through that TA to upgrade it. That would mean your company's corporate TA if they booked it.

Don't assume you will be able to upgrade the ticket to a promotional Z fare. I had a case on a KUL/AKL/KUL ticket last year where I was unable to upgrade to a particularly cheap Z fare they were promoting at the time. The upgrade had to be to a D fare (which I didn't do). And as SilverChris says, a fee may apply in addition to the fare differential.
I booked through the MH website for the economy V ticket but when I logged in to check Manage My Booking I don't see any options to upgrade. I did get an email to bid on an upgrade but I don't want to do that since I'll be given an I class ticket which doesn't go towards my Marco Polo CX status.

I guess I'll give them a call and see what they say. Hopefully they allow me to pay the difference + fee to get a Z fare.

Appreciate the feedback both!