FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:21 pm
arcticflier

Programs: AS MVPG & BoardRoom
Originally Posted by greg99
No, it's not and yes, some people do follow through. Back in the mid 90's, I threw away my TWA gold card after a horrific experience with a flight attendant on board.

You must have missed the part that I paid to fly my family cross-country on AS instead of UA so that I could evaluate them as an alternative (since I'm lifetime gold on UA). I put my money where my mouth was, but found AS deeply wanting, so I'll stick with UA and/or keep trying other airlines. There's nowhere that I travel that AS can take me but UA can't.

The only reason I made the comment about not flying AS again was because it was suggested that I forward the email from AS customer service saying that they were no longer accepting PP cards to PP. Since I am unlikely to fly AS again, based upon my experience, I wasn't going to take the time to figure out how to forward it to PP.
Good details.

Isn’t your argument really with the Card that offered you PP with a promise it would be accepted at numerous Clubs rather than the individual airlines who refused to recognize it?

Obviously AS would welcome the loyalty of a frequent traveler like yourself. I find AS vastly superior to UA; however, I hold no privilege on UA so I don’t receive special treatment as you would.