FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] ANA A380 discussion (was Rumor: ANA buying A380s?)
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:07 am
CDG1

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Of course it is legal to sell seats on a given flight only in connection with package tours. Look at the number of flights operated for tour companies in Europe that are not available for generally bookings.

You had screen shots of these packages tours, so it is selling that way for sure. My only guess by now is there may appear a few seats last minute, should they not sell the tour packages and when they know how many they need for press, VIP, and other invitees.

Unfortunately I don't have an email address to help you with. I have never been that good a customer of ANA. And, I doubt you would get any effect from calling the standard call center in Japan They will just politely apologise that they flight you want is not available, and that will be that

And where in their advertising does it say that there is seats available for booking for all in the inaugural flight. They generally say that the A380 starts operating from May 24th, and tickets for the A380 flights are on sale now.
Why sell the first passenger flight exclusively to those going on a package tour with AMC? Something along the line is definitely not right.

They could have used this package tour scheme with any other Honu flight. It would have gotten them the same result with the same number of people willing to go on the package tours any time of year.

Why have they used the inaugural flight I can't understand. They aren't going to get much revenue selling to travel agents by priority. They could have gotten a lot of revenue selling the inaugural flight as a special flight for aviation enthusiasts and every other person wanting to be part the first A380 to Hawaii with ANA.

I tried contacting JTB in Paris about buying a package tour when they said 5 January with no results. I find this package tour scheme is rather odd when they could have sold it to the general public with much success even as a charity flight donating to a good cause of their choice, earthquakes, Fukushima or other.