FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A380 JFK-CDG OLCI Upgrade - Worth it?
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:10 pm
Cameron B

Programs: Delta Platinum, AA Plat Pro, F9 Elite 100k
Originally Posted by mlin32
I find the JFK - CDG eastbound flight too short to be worth the upgrade €€ specified but that's just my opinion. However, considering you have a long corresponding flight afterwards, might be worth it if you want to get *some* rest.
Yes, in the grand scheme $593 is not a lot of money, but I also feel that 6hrs and 40 min of flying time is not unbearable in Y either. I have done longer flights even from OGG-DFW in Y, so I'll live this time. The price is right on the cuff of being a good deal and an "I can live without" one. I suppose that's how they want it though!

I usually do take up airline offers for upgrades (especially going to places like South Africa!), but for some reason I've found myself having a harder time justifying this one. Maybe if it was on a 777 J cabin I would bite, but in the end I think I'm going to hold back this time around and stick with my upper deck DUO seat with (so far) nobody sitting next to me.

Thanks to all for your input! I did weigh all the feedback, and for a moment thought I was going to book it.