FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Remarkably uncomfortable seats in F A321T 3-class
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:01 pm
lightbulbs

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Originally Posted by abligh
I flew in F on AA276 which is the 3-class SFO->JFK service. The lie flat seat was one of the most uncomfortable lie-flats I've had on any service. On the previous JFK->SFO route it was merely 'quite uncomfortable', but on the way back it was 'really uncomfortable'. Flight delay and resultant sleepiness on my part meant I didn't realise until I awoke in JFK this was the result of a gap halfway down the seat one inch on the left and 3 inches on the right. I pointed this out to the cabin crew so they could get it fixed in JFK (too late to complain really) and was told this was reasonably common (though the gap isn't normally that wide or asymmetrical) and that the seats are far more comfortable in J than in F. Anyone else had any experience of this? Is F on this service best avoided if you want to sleep? I must admit I slept better when I flew J last time.
this has happened to me once as well although I don’t feel like it’s happened in J in the 77W (which IIRC is the same seat). Another problem I come across with enough frequency that it’s annoying is the seat not really properly reclining to a lie flat position. Sometimes it stops a bit short. Sometimes it goes down but then back up and I have to try a few times to perfectly time when to let go so it doesn’t go back up too far. Every time this happens I wonder if it’s user error but I don’t understand what I could be doing wrong because I’m just holding down the lie flat button until it stops.