FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] ANA A380 discussion (was Rumor: ANA buying A380s?)
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:36 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by CDG1
There is still no NRT-HNL A380 flight showing for 24 May available for booking on the ANA reservation website.

I just spoke with the ANA agent in Paris asking her to look at the flight in the system. She said it is fairly booked and it exists in the system but not accessible to them for selling seats.

​​​​​
She thinks the inaugural flight is being sold through travel agents for package tours.

Is there a contact email for ANA Japan in English?

I can't seem to find any direct contact email address anywhere on the ANA website. I want to let them know I have a seat for the return flight and ask if they wills ell me a one-way to Honolulu on the inaugural flight.

I don't see any reason why they are not selling these seats to individuals - only just for those who are buying package tours. Is that even legal to do this? Seats should be made available to all. This is not a privately chartered flight. It's all out in the open for more than one month already.

They must make the A380 inaugural seats available to all as stated on their advertisements.

Just saying...
Of course it is legal to sell seats on a given flight only in connection with package tours. Look at the number of flights operated for tour companies in Europe that are not available for generally bookings.

You had screen shots of these packages tours, so it is selling that way for sure. My only guess by now is there may appear a few seats last minute, should they not sell the tour packages and when they know how many they need for press, VIP, and other invitees.

Unfortunately I don't have an email address to help you with. I have never been that good a customer of ANA. And, I doubt you would get any effect from calling the standard call center in Japan They will just politely apologise that they flight you want is not available, and that will be that

And where in their advertising does it say that there is seats available for booking for all in the inaugural flight. They generally say that the A380 starts operating from May 24th, and tickets for the A380 flights are on sale now.