FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:33 pm
asia15

Programs: Marriott Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, StarAlliance Silver
The final shame for me.
Last week I found an error on Hotels.com that were selling rooms non refundable with a refundable rate. Honestly I booked for me 2 times and for 2 of my friends. In total I think I made 30 reservations. The funny thing is that some claim were approved, some one were rejected with absurd reasons or because they cannot find the rate.
Anyway, after that, I found another lower price for the Hilton Copacabana on Agodą. Since it's a non refundable rate, I called the call center in Europe. I spoke with an agent that after a lot of search, he approved my claim and made a reservation. Good, so I asked another booking for the next week, same rate, same prices. Here there were the problem... the agent stopped me and asked me to wait. I waited a lot of time then he told me that the price of the room before taxes is the same of Hilton's so He cannot book.. what the hell, before was fine and now no more?? I thanked him and hung up.
Later I called the Diamond Desk in US. This is my (horrible) experience
First call: it's not possible
Second call: let's try... and hung up
3rd Call: it's no possibile
4th call: this is ridicolous, I spoke with the agent for long time and She denied the price match, so I asked to speak with a supervisor. She told me that:
- I cannot find the room... I can see a partial ocean view. ME: there is no partial ocean view on Agoda.
- ok but the rate its a refundable and on Hilton is a non refundable. ME: it's written "NON REFUNDABLE".
- ok but now I have to see if it's the same non refundable as Hilton. ME: ok, I'm not from US, but if it's non refundable,.. I don't have money back.
- ok but the rate is only in US dollars and we quoted in Brasilian Real, so we cannot match. ME: At this point I got angry. I said I'm not stupid, I have two degree, you can go up and change the currency
- ok but now you are comparing a package on Hilton and a normal non refundable rate on Agoda. ME: it's not a package, it's just written "4 night for 3 with a discount on entire stay"
- yes, but on Agoda is not written that you have 1 night free. ME: no one say that, and you are a big lier. On Hilton's it's written there is a discount on entire stay
- no, it's written that it's a package and Agoda it's a non refundable rate. ME: no, you are a liar, there is no written that is a package
- yes but Hilton give you a free night and Agoda a discount. ME: it's what it's written on your site, not on agoda. No one give a free night.
- sorry, I will never match. ME: I hope to not speak with you again.

Rate Details ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE

ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE STAY 3 GET THE 4TH NIGHT FREE. FULL PREPAY. NO CANCELLATION. DAILY DISCOUNT INCLUDES FREE NGHT.

So... What I can do? They are right? I have to call again and again until I don't find some one honest?
Of course with this treatment, I will never stay in an Hilton's hotel without the -25% discount