FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Speculation: Will AA continue to pull back in NYC?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:51 am
Pasqualle7

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
So as I watch LGA unfold before my eyes with future renderings and I having seen the new plan for JFK its leading me to think that AA will be forced to pull back over time. If you look at the LGA Plans with the US Air/ AA gate swap (LGA and DCA) Delta gained control of much of the airport. With LGA moving forward they will have plans to have a consolidated terminal. They are the real winners at LGA. At JFK B6 and Delta again are the overwhelming winners. It looks like BA and AA will consolidate into T8 as thought by many but the renderings dont show any added space to the terminal meaning AA will either be forced to enlarge the T8 on their own dime or they will leave it the same size. At the end of the day between modernization and the corporate direction AA looks like it will be forced to have a smaller role in NYC moving forward. What will be sad is if they want to come back it may be to late.

Thoughts?

Check Out The Slick New Renderings For LaGuardia's $4 Billion Delta Terminal Overhaul: Gothamist

https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/go...Renderings.pdf