Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Speculation: Will AA continue to pull back in NYC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation: Will AA continue to pull back in NYC?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Wow......was trying to book LGA-ORD next week and the "Shuttle" schedules are awful this month.....infrequent service, RJ's, A319's with only 8F......WTH? Does AA not understand that business travel starts back up after the holidays? Back to the DL Shuttle which is still hourly and all mainline.
DL has 13 flights, AA has 12, and I find the E 175 and DL 717 pretty comparable.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 9:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by KBMIFlyer
DL has 13 flights, AA has 12, and I find the E 175 and DL 717 pretty comparable.
not a single flight between 830am and 1230pm is absolutely ridiculous
Old Jan 4, 2020, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Wow......was trying to book LGA-ORD next week and the "Shuttle" schedules are awful this month.....infrequent service, RJ's, A319's with only 8F......WTH? Does AA not understand that business travel starts back up after the holidays? Back to the DL Shuttle which is still hourly and all mainline.
Most days there is a 9:30am.

You complain about an RJ and you complain about a small mainline aircraft as well, and you complain that 12 runs a day is insufficient. What exactly would be satisfactory to you? 767-300s on the half hour? Or would those take too long to board?

Not sure how 8F, 12F, or 24F affects you if you are buying first class. I don't think AA believes it is in the business of optimizing aircraft type to ensure you get a free upgrade.
KBMIFlyer, bgasser and joeyE like this.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: AA, Marriott
Was excited about B6 filling the NYC hole, but it'll be neat if AS also ends up adding a bunch more JFK flights in the name of improving OW connectivity given how many OW airlines fly to JFK. SAN's not a bad start.
https://crankyflier.com/2021/01/12/a...th-new-routes/
Old Jan 12, 2021, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Wayne Kao
Was excited about B6 filling the NYC hole, but it'll be neat if AS also ends up adding a bunch more JFK flights in the name of improving OW connectivity given how many OW airlines fly to JFK. SAN's not a bad start.
https://crankyflier.com/2021/01/12/a...th-new-routes/
I'm skeptical of Alaska's ability to complete on these TCONs without lie-flats. If I'm connecting to Europe from the West Coast in the premium cabin, I'm going to want a consistent experience.
Old Jan 12, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Poor SAN. We used to have daily 763 flights to JFK, then it went 737 MAX and then nothing. At least AS is in Terminal 2 unlike B6, which is with the low-rent airlines in Terminal 1.

But, as a SAN based flier, if I'm flying J to Europe I'm not going to want to take AS to JFK. In the back of the bus, maybe.

Oh, and we have to drive to LAX or fly through PHX now. Does AA hate us because of our perfect weather?!?
la2clt likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 6:17 pm

Thought of this thread when reading today about AA losing 7 JFK slots because they didn't realize they had them after the US merger. Is there an alternative history where they would have had those extra slots and could have been relevant in NYC?
Old Sep 30, 2022, 10:00 pm

While the news didn't shock me it does make me wonder exactly what level of incompetence would be necessary to get the attention of the board of directors.

Apparantly, it's pretty hard to get fired, have your bonus curtailed or otherwise have your membership in "the club" revoked.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by able
While the news didn't shock me it does make me wonder exactly what level of incompetence would be necessary to get the attention of the board of directors.
Yeah pretty huge error with no consequences for anyone of note.

Originally Posted by able
or otherwise have your membership in "the club" revoked.
Maybe the slap on the wrist was revoking the offender's Admiral's Club benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.