FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:38 am
dsauch

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by Happy
Did the OC is detached from the reservation first, BEFORE the reservation is canceled?

If not, then now we see yet another quirk - in the past if the cert is not detached first, when the reservation is canceled, the cert would be automatically cashed out to its partial value with the pts go back to your account.
In other words, the OC is LOST and requires manual correction to put it back.

From your description I am confused on how the whole process has been as in term of whether the OC was detached or not before the reservation was canceled.

Also now we know they can still order a cert based on the old table partial value as you now have both an OC6 and an NC4. You essentially have "bought" a new 7 nights cert with the partial value based on the old chart... This time the customer wins!
I cant say for sure what the Rep did, but based on the dialog she just cancelled the reservation. I immediately saw the OC6 in my account.
Note that this also matches my prior experience. Originally I bought two OC6, had them both attached immediately after purchase. I then used one this summer and just cancelled original reservation - OC6 went back in my account and I needed to call to have it exchanged and attached to new reservation.

P.S. the NC4 is still not attached, I'll give it a week or so before I call again. With cert in my account and reservation locked in no need to make waves :-) I'll update when it all get settled.