FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yes another loss of space on Holland America
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:43 pm
ranles
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Yes another loss of space on Holland America

Just a note to pass along our thoughts on HAL.

We are 4 star with HAL. Going to HA (revisit) and SoPac (revisit) on the Eurodam (for the first time). Now I find out that the already too crowded space on the Lido, has rental cabanas. This sets aside general passenger space to sit and eat lunch "outside", to rental space cabanas! This has been happening on this ship for years? I am surprised that such a major difference exist in the product without more awareness by us. We have been on a number of their ships, none of those had cabanas. The Crows Nest just was cutdown or eliminated too (article). As was the library (same article). This ship is larger, yet the public space seems to be eroding. I will know better soon. Anyone sailed on the Eurodam?

We were ready to give up on HAL after the last two cruises, where we had lots of issues with out cabin. Anyone can have issues during their cruise, it is how the line handles it that counts. I am a letter writer and was not even close to satisfied with their responses. We decide to give them one more chance, with the few tokens they did allow us. For sure we will be mixing our cruises with some others to find a potential new home. We enjoyed our NCL cruises, but they were a long time ago. My wife really likes Regent 7 Seas (I had a cough 1/2 the cruise, so did not get much of the prepaid values, hunkered down in the cabin). Royal Carib. was ok-good for the two trips. As further disclosure, we have done all the routes that HAL offers AND we wanted. The only one to elude us is the one along the West Africa coast to Asia, and that one is now, overlapping with Mom's 100th birthday, so it was out. Not scheduled to be repeated. R7SEAS has similar late 2020...we will likely do that.