FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I present you the VGML (VEGAN) catering in FIRST.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:42 pm
IkarosBOS

Programs: DL DM/2MM, BA GGL/CCR,/GFL, A3 Gold, JBU Mosaic, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Although people with special diets have my sympathy I've found there's never any guarantee the normal meal will please those who have no special requirements.. I've had a few disasters along the years even in BA and TG F.
People with special diets deserve sympathy and help especially when health reasons are the motivations behind. However, one has to admit that there is no specific health indication for a vegan diet, as it is an issue of personal choice, and even most OP here here seem to disagree as to what could/would be considered acceptable for a vegan in terms of ingredients and combinations. While the presentation of the meal is indeed ghastly, as the airline already has -excellent often times- a la carte vegetarian offers, it is a bit unfair to blame BA for adapting so badly to the traveller’s personal preference. I am not sure other airlines do consistently better with the vegan offer. And let’s face it, an avios service recovery for not meeting specific personal expectations (after all, vegan food was offered, even most restaurants wont know how to prepare a sumpupus vegan meal) is quite a good will gesture. A nice fulfilling elegant vegan meal is not is the contract of carriage.