FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Polaris In-flight Experiences
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:56 pm
rileydogmi

Programs: DL DM 3MM
SFO-SIN, SIN-SFO... Crew great, but on such a long flight, really disappointed with food/wine. Ran out of Whites early - only got one glass before dinner when they ran out. This happened both ways - only got one glass there, one back - and my first selection back was out before I had to choose a different white wine. After two glasses, all Whites were out. I also fell for the short ribs and not good. About 8 hours in the flight many would come up to the snack trays and rummage for food. Only a few bags of chips, some Apples and a very awkward sweet tray that had no plates or ability to see inside the covered 3-tier case. I got the grilled cheese with soup because I was really hungry - about 4 bites and that was it - such a small portion for a 17 hr flight. Coming back, I asked if there was anything else - I got a saran wrapped turkey sandwich that could fit in the palm of my hand. Upon landing the breakfast omelet was OK but the night landing back to SFO - that pasta (I think it was seafood) was a bad choice.

Too bad - the Polaris Lounges had great food/beverage selections - honestly, the in-flight food/beverage was borderline domestic F food experience. Next time, I need to make sure I eat a good dinner/breakfast in the PL before I board... Also probably bring my own bottle of white from duty free - does United charge a corkage fee?