FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I present you the VGML (VEGAN) catering in FIRST.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:49 pm
flylonghaul

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be

It was in fact my partner who received this meal.
I am not vegan myself.

I felt sorry for him. He was very excited about flying in First and BA let him down.

One of the comic moment was that when I joined to buddy dine with him and sat down, he received his meal, and in that moment I found a dirty old sock on the seat probably from the previous flight.
I handed it to the crew as they were serving the meal.

I couldn’t help but bursted out laughing.
I think I would prefer this to the toenail clippings I found in CW NRT-LHR about 12 months ago. The crew member that I informed about it didn't seem to care much, but shortly later I spoke with the cabin manager and she was infinitely more concerned. I was very well looked after from that point (apparently light load, and almost empty in F, which probably helped)

Flying BOM-LHR in CW a few years ago with my partner we had a rather off putting experience with catering. Despite telling the crew on our section and cabin manager about the severe nut allergy, my partner was served a main course that literally had nuts on top. We both fully understand that they cannot guarantee a nut free meal or environment (insert applicable legal blurb as common on all carriers) but to then actually have that served was rather concerning.

I am flying BA F HKG-LHR in March, although I wont be ordering a special meal, hopefully the catering is at a better level.