FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NO SOUP FOR YOU! (CX noodle bar access for BA pax at SFO)
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:02 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Andriyko
The way it was explained to me when I was at the CX SFO lounge is that hot food is part of the pre-flight dining and part of the CX business/first class product. No surprise that it is restricted to CX J/F ticket holders. It is not open at all times when the lounge is open.
Someone's telling you furphies here. There's no such concept as "pre-flight" dining for Business/First class on CX. For CX flights ex-SFO, if you are are a oneworld Sapphire/Emerald flying economy, you will get the same lounge service as those flying F and J.

Originally Posted by flylikelinz
Does this only apply for BA pax with no one world status? Entering under OneWorld rules should avail the passenger to all the services of the lounge no?
It appears that due to capacity constraints, not all oneworld members are able to enter the CX lounge. I thought I had read somewhere that only BA Gold members were allowed to enter the CX lounge - everyone else had to use the China Airlines Dynasty lounge. But I can't find the source for this right now.

Edit: this is where I read it: Denied entry to CX SFO Lounge as OWE