FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Expenses: Dumb Things your Company has Done
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:51 pm
invisible

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by Proudelitist
It's not that I exceeded it...it's that I came close. I think it was something ridiculous, like 65 dollars and I came in at 58 one day.
I'm sorry if I am mistaken, but... I thought that per diem means 'here is $xx for your meals/transportation/etc for day, take it and no questions asked how you spend it unless you submit receipts in the same category', no?

In the current company policy was switched from requiring receipts for everything, including from a parking meter (yes, I had this case) to like $50 per day for meals. If you travel to one of company's offices and have breakfast/lunch at cafeteria, (meals are free for employees) than you need to deduct cost of these meals (pre-populated in Concur) from per diem. I am telling that at least for me it made my life (well, until I was travelling) way better when submitting ERs.

But if you are on field/with customer it is up to you how you spend that $50 - you can dine three times per day at MC or you can go and spend all of it on a steak, just don't submit additional receipts for meals.

Originally Posted by Proudelitist
Stand by the river long enough, and you can watch the bodies of your enemies float by.
Well, if you need counseling/prozac after 'long enough', screw this 'victory'.