FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Cancun, Mexico [Master Thread]
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:50 pm
hhoope01
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I don't disagree, but at the time I didn't really think about the hassle of being on a different floor. And once we were unpacked and settled in the room, it wasn't worth changing rooms over. The room we did have had a very nice balcony with a great view of both the main pool and the beach/ocean. So I can't complain about that.

An example of the food for the night they had the Mikado restaurant theme, included fried rice, a chicken noodle dish, thinly sliced beef and chicken in separate bowls, a soup (it seemed every night they had a soup offering that matched the theme.) There was a chef available (at where they cook the omelets in the mornings) cooking some limited stir-fried choices. They had some sliced veggies in cups, a number of different sushi rolls to try, and a number of different small dessert options which weren't really part of the nightly theme (i.e. one night would be little crème brule with a berry on top, another night might be a small carrot or similar cakes, etc.) It was nice and I enjoyed them just fine. But my wife thought they didn't keep them warm enough and thus most nights by the time you sit down with your plate, the food was luke warm.

For breakfast, they would have some sausage links, scrambled eggs, some breakfast burritos and similar Mexican items, cooked potatoes, bacon, sliced meats an omelet station with cooked to order omelets and also a waffle stand. They had yogurts, sliced fruits and a few various juices. They did have oatmeal, but it didn't look like what I normally think oatmeal should look like. So I stayed away from that.

I'm not a wine drinker, so for the wine I can't really say, but they had a decent number of wine bottles lining one of the back walls (in wine stands) and they had fancy looking labels if that means anything. I did see quite a few folks drinking a glass or 2 each evening. I'd guess it wasn't horrible.