FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Si, Si Auberge's Chileno Bay in Cabo
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:39 am
KatW
Original Member

Originally Posted by Valveking
Soon to be opening are the RC Reserve and The Four Seasons on the East Cape which both look to be fabulous additions in 2019. I just wonder if there is a glut of luxury options forming. Who knows? Maybe the market can support them all.
The silver lining in market saturation could be more offers and discounts resulting in less expensive stays. The Cabo location benefits from its mostly non-stop proximity to LA, SF, Seattle and Vancouver; and Anchorage, relative to other Mexican destinations. Most of those U.S. embarcation points provide access to well-heeled travelers from the technology and entertainment industries.

We have repaired to a number of Cabo resorts; in the luxury category, I would rate them thusly:
1. Las Ventanas
2. Chileno Bay
3. Esperanza
Never Again: Pedregal

We love the zocalo-located Casa Natalia in San Jose del Cabo for a non-beach, non-luxury venue. It offers day trips to the beach.

Agreed prices at Ventanas begin to spiral out of the range if affordability even for those accustomed to the cost of high-end travel.

The one extant locale we eschew, although never experienced, is Palmilla because of its family emphasis.

Of the soon-to-be resorts opening this year, I am up for trying Aman, Four Seasons and RC.