FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:41 am
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by sfducati
I'm in a bit of conundrum. I had a 7 night cat 1-5 TP, which was expiring Nov'18. I had called end of Sep to extend the validity and was informed by the agent that she couldn't do it at that point of time due to ongoing merger(IT issues?), but more importantly the cert would automatically be converted and extended by another year once the merger was complete.
So, I called this past Friday to attach it to a reservation and the agent said my original cert had expired and she couldn't extended it. I waited for an hour to be connected to a supervisor, but then had to hang up.
Planning to call back on Monday but thought I'll pick on the collective wisdom of FT here - am I SOL?
That’s really too bad. Sounds like you hit a bad agent as there are reports in the first few pages of this thread that certs were being extended by a year in early Sept by virtue of being reissued. You may very well be SOL, but it’s certainly worth a phone call or 3 given the chaos of Aug/Sept. You might hit a sympathetic agent or supervisor.

Good luck.