FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Avios to fly AA Miami to Buenos Aires questions.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:04 pm
Judy795

Question Using Avios to fly AA Miami to Buenos Aires questions.

We are going to South America in December of this year and hoping to use Avios to book business or first class on American or LATAM. My husband watched flights on the BA website all last year to get an idea of what he could book. Last year we had bronze status. This year we have nothing. He saw lots of these seats online last year.
So we saw some seats on LATAM but the BA website wouldn’t let us complete the transaction. I called BA and customer service said those seats didn’t exist and it was a software error. She said none existed with AA either. Maybe because every time I reload the browser different flights showed up.
However, that same day last week I found two economy seats from DFW to EZE which I booked thinking something was better than nothing, and maybe we could change these flights.
We really want Miami to Buenos Aires since we live in Florida. My husband who is a major conspiracy believer, thinks first or business isn’t showing up on American since we lost Bronze BA status. True or not true?
i have seen First showing up on other One World websites, not on BA.

Any advice? Thanks.