FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:49 am
D582

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by lallied

To clarify. Said he didn’t know what a white slip /form was. Had to say wanted compensation form even if just to document so AC customer service doesn’t say don’t believe me if no form. 90min later still on ground and still no form/slip. Can see am going to have to keep nagging.

(it’s embarrasing. I don’t even want their $200 as can’t use anyway. But if
not documented .....)
Wow. I’m so sorry to hear you having these negative experiences. Whilst I’ve been very unfortunate to have a lot of deflations, I’ve never experienced such a useless crew. If this happened to me I would fire off an email to the concierge requesting they bring a form to the plane upon arrival. Maybe also bring an Inflight Services manager too.

Originally Posted by SuperCargo
I'm far from an AC apologist, but just to put some perspective on it: out of the 20 AC 777/787 J flights I did in 2018, I only suffered a deflated seat once. This was early in my BA -> AC transition, and didn't realize that the seats could be reset, so just put up with it. Perhaps a reset would have sorted it -- who knows. Having said that, these seats whilst deflated do really suck, and one should really get some compensation for having to suffer it.

In reality, though, based on my own personal experience in 2018, as there is only about a 5% chance of getting a deflated seat -- not sure if it's worth really disrupting one's plans to avoid it. I certainly haven't switched back to BA over it (although I really do hope that AC sorts this out ASAP). Having an SD refuse me compensation might admittedly change my thinking, though.

I really hope I didn't just jinx myself with this post.
You are lucky. I had about 10 deflations in 2018. Only 1 on a long haul thankfully. The rest were TCONs. On 3 of them I had used eCoupons from previous deflations, so just ended up getting back those vouchers basically.

2019 is not off to a great start. Out of 6 flights so far, I’ve had 3 deflations. 2 on long hauls, one on a TCON red eye. Luckily on the TCON it only happened at around 11000 feet prior to landing. I’ve got another long haul tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Most recent was 4K on Fin 832. Guy in front of me in 3K also had same issue. He mentioned he had it a few times last year but didn’t realise the seats were broken and that you could get compensation form. Now he knows. SD was awesome, knew about the issue, and ranted how he wishes AC would just replace the seats with non-inflatable ones.

Originally Posted by yyznomad
@lallied

I've updated the wiki to include a picture of the White Compensation Form stub that you had posted way upthread - just for easier access for those who find themselves in a situation where the SD "is not aware of any compensation form", or similar. Maybe showing them the picture will help remind them... or not. But doesn't hurt to try.

Now having said that, perhaps AC removed all in-flight compensation forms and we don't know about it yet?
I take photos of all the forms I fill out so I have a record, but could also be a good reminder (cough... retraining ... cough) tool for useless crews. I have green and white version pictures readily available.