FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Penalty For Using Wrong Lav
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:31 pm
sprika

Literally asking for a friend...I searched for something more closely related, but they were all outdated...so even though this is kind of the opposite to the original situation- this thread seemed most appropriate. I gifted my friends 2 AS upgrades so they could fly in F for the first time. I recently asked one of them how it was, and was baffled by her response. Apparently, after reaching cruising, the pilot came out for a break to use the lav. My friend really "had to go" and was anxiously watching the seat belt sign and the lav occupied sign. The pilot came out and lingered for a while in the galley. Since the lav occupied sign was now off, another pax approached the FA to use the facilities and was told to use the lavatory in the back (we're not sure if this pax was from Y or F). My friends were sitting in row 1, so the heard the whole thing. After hearing this, my friend got up and used the lav in the back too. When she came back to her seat, she was very loudly chastised by the FA who said, "I tried to tell you, but you got up and left too quickly--- but you are supposed to remain seated while the pilot is out of the cockpit". My friend was really embarrassed- now were all wondering--- why the mixed messages? Why did the FA have to be so loud about it? Since when is that the policy? Is that true for only F class? Anyone have any thoughts?