FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who's Nostalgic? 1997 Timetable Highlights
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:08 pm
binman

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Wow! Yes I am think that I am in the picture, believe it or not. I'm gobsmacked. Yes, those pictures take me back and I do know some of those in them,

I am just so happy that I did all that in the days when we were given the best to offer and not the rubbish that calls itself First Class now. The same applies to BA and AA. Their F and J were wonderful and now it's cheap mascaraing as gourmet. Yes, we carved the Chateaubriand in front of the passenger and the wines were Chablis or vintage Bordeaux. The cheese came from Paxton and Whitfield (the Stilton was one of the best that I have ever eaten). If you didn't like meat there was Lobster. Vegetarianism in all its manifestations was not really called for a great deal - but we had plenty of Vegetable and could make something to please - though I do not recall having to do that often.The choice was abundant and we never seemed to run out of things. Maybe that's why we went to the wall

We were not paid a fortune but we felt appreciated by company and passengers alike.
i would agree with every word.

my background was not the world of First class or indeed business but some hard work led to me being in the front end of planes from a relatively young age. I learned about food and wine from many BA crew came to appreciate the finer things in life.

The product today is very poor compared to what it was then. Sure there were no beds no individual screen, but my god it was confortable, service was impeccable and it was enjoyable,