FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has UA Zeroed ALL Advance Polaris PZ Inventory?{Resolved or is it?Expert Mode error?}
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:40 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by chavala
Has anyone read the other thead where BlahMeh14 says :
“I called into United and got information from an agent that didn’t seem correct at all. She said that all PZ space from now on is only going to be released <96 hours in advance, and that the rollout of the new fare class was to facilitate this policy change. I really hope she was misinformed!”
Yes, that thread is referenced and linked in the OP

BlahMeh14 mentions that a subsequent agent commented that the first agent seemed confused with the 1K CPU window, which sounds about right to me. In any event, I don't think UA would make such a drastic change without an announcement. The website still contains statements such as:
Global Premier® Upgrades are one-way upgrades, confirmable as early as time of ticketing on all United-, United Express®- and Copa Airlines-operated flights systemwide.
But I will agree this has me further questioning the value of instruments in general and 1K in particular. If I'm mostly forced to buy premium cabin, a considerably smaller proportion of my spend will be going to UA.

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
UA basically doesn’t use the Insider account here for anything. It’s basically been abandoned since Oscar was brought on to run the show outside of a handful of announcements that were late anyways.
UA Insider disengaged before that. But does still make occasional appearances here, and reportedly still responds to pms.