FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase agent told me I had 30 days to use SW Miles
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:30 am
ursine1

Originally Posted by rove312
The only thing in question would be whether the points are in a statement that hasn't closed and the points transferred to WN yet. But then, assuming you've paid off the balance before the statement closed, what they should say (I've been in that situation) is "Don't you want to wait for the statement to close so you can get those points?".
If you voluntarily close your account you don't need to wait until after the statement date in order to receive any points you've earned since the last statement. Chase will still send the points to Southwest after the account is closed, and you'll still have the "usual" amount of time in which to make your (in this case final) payment.

If Chase closes your account, however, you won't receive the points -- see below.

This info is from the Rapid RewardsŪ Priority Card Rewards Program Agreement (pdf download), which is on this page: Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card (click on *Offer Details, the pdf link is under Earning Points.)

How you could lose your points

You’ll immediately lose all points or TQP that haven’t been transferred to Southwest Airlines if your account status changes, or your account is closed, for any of the following reasons:

• you don’t make the minimum payment on your account within 60 days of the due date
  • you fail to comply with this or other agreements you have with Chase
  • we believe you may be unwilling or unable to pay your debts on time
  • you file for bankruptcy
  • we believe that you’ve engaged in fraudulent activity related to your account or this program
  • we believe that you’ve misused this program in any way, for example: by repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the purpose of generating rewards
  • We won’t reinstate points or TQP you lose, unless we’ve made an error.
  • If your account is closed for any other reason, we’ll automatically transfer any points or TQP earned to Southwest Airlines, as long as you don’t lose them for any of the reasons described in this agreement.

Last edited by ursine1; Jan 24, 2019 at 4:36 am