FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury Hotels for Vietnam - recommendations
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:01 pm
BESVISOR
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by flyerwma
Would Amanoi suit a family (adults and older teens)? Or is it too honeymoon-ey?

Looking for beach resorts for Vietnam or Cambodia in December. Hoi An is too cold, so need somewhere further south. Open to elsewhere is SE Asia....

Amanoi is fantastic for families and couples! This is something unique to concepts like Aman, I think. many couples or families stay within their own Pavilion or Villas and the Beach Club is wonderful for everyone. I would not suggest or view Amanoi as a Beach Resort. I think the Beach is a bonus but sand and water quality isn't great. But it's one of the few Aman's I would return to time and time again. I've booked families with children from 3 - 15 and they all have shared positive reviews. One family extended their stay onsite.

Also, I would not suggest Amanoi for late Nov - mid Feb. The risk of rain and extreme wind is really high...that would ruin the trip for you.

Cheers!