Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury Hotels for Vietnam - recommendations

Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Hello

I am getting married and looking at different honeymoon options. We have toyed with the idea of Sri Lanka and Vietnam.

We are potentially swaying closer to Vietnam - but just trying to find the perfect hotel on the beach for the final part of the trip. We are planning HMC, Hanoi, Hoi An and either Phu Quoc or Nha Trang.

(If anyone has any recommendations for Hanoi/Hoi An that would also be helpful)

I have written a list of some potential hotels, but we are looking for pure luxury. 1 bedroom villas with private pools/ocean views/close / on the beach if possible but not mandatory. We have a healthy budget (IMO) list of hotels for Phu Quoc:

JW Marriot Emerald Bay
Fusion Resort
Salinda Resort
Vinpearl Discovery 2
Premier Village, managed by Accorhotels
La Veranda

If possible I would like a resort that can either be done all inclusive so we wouldn't require to go out for food/drinks, or a hotel in a great location surrounded by restaurants/bars.

I have struggled to find accommodation in Nha Trang.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:57 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Amanoi is the place to go to - it's just south of Nha Trang.

Enjoy the read:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxu...report-42.html

My own photos and videos and review:
https://www.thesuitelife.com.hk/aman...-hotel-review/
FlyerEC, specboi and BESVISOR like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Thanks! I was doing some more research and found some great hotels by Da Nang, which would make the trip a little easier as it's close to Hoi An and Hanoi, don't know if it's as much of a beach resort but will take a look at Amanoi thanks for the suggestion!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: Amex Plat, National EE, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Rachel2019
Hello

I am getting married and looking at different honeymoon options. We have toyed with the idea of Sri Lanka and Vietnam.

We are potentially swaying closer to Vietnam - but just trying to find the perfect hotel on the beach for the final part of the trip. We are planning HMC, Hanoi, Hoi An and either Phu Quoc or Nha Trang.

(If anyone has any recommendations for Hanoi/Hoi An that would also be helpful)

I have written a list of some potential hotels, but we are looking for pure luxury. 1 bedroom villas with private pools/ocean views/close / on the beach if possible but not mandatory. We have a healthy budget (IMO) list of hotels for Phu Quoc:

JW Marriot Emerald Bay
Fusion Resort
Salinda Resort
Vinpearl Discovery 2
Premier Village, managed by Accorhotels
La Veranda

If possible I would like a resort that can either be done all inclusive so we wouldn't require to go out for food/drinks, or a hotel in a great location surrounded by restaurants/bars.

I have struggled to find accommodation in Nha Trang.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Yea Amanoi sounds like exactly what you are looking for.
Private pool villas, they have half board options too.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Thank you! Any recommendations for Hanoi/Hoi An?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:40 am

Thank you! Any recommendations for Hanoi/Hoi An?
Has to be Four Seasons the Nam Hai in Hoi An - nothing else comes close.

Hanoi has nothing great - best option is Sofitel Legend Metropole.
FlyerEC, atlocal and BESVISOR like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:40 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
@Rachel2019 Amanoi is a must and for Hoi An, look into the Four Seasons. There are also some great promotions for it.

Congrats!!!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
@Rachel2019 Amanoi is a must and for Hoi An, look into the Four Seasons. There are also some great promotions for it.

Congrats!!!
Thank you! I came across the <!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->Hotel Royal Hoi An MGallery Sofitel which seemed great value and a great location, but will take a look at the four seasons!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:19 am

>Hotel Royal Hoi An MGallery Sofitel which seemed great value and a great location, but will take a look at the four seasons!
The Sofitel suites are nice and very good value so well worth a look. The location is also excellent. It is not in the same class is the FS though.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:34 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Definitely Amanoi, it is the best by far! In Hoi An, go for a pool villa at the Four Seasons. I would do either HCM city or Hanoi, not both. Hanoi is much more interesting in my view, stay at the Sofitel Legend Metropole there.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
You must decide if you want "pure luxury". If yes no hotel you considered is an option. It´s down to Four Seasons, Amanoi and Park Hyatt in HCM. If you like rustic luxury Six Sences Nah Trang could be an option.
FlyerEC, scented and specboi like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:37 pm

Would Amanoi suit a family (adults and older teens)? Or is it too honeymoon-ey?

Looking for beach resorts for Vietnam or Cambodia in December. Hoi An is too cold, so need somewhere further south. Open to elsewhere is SE Asia....
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by offerendum
You must decide if you want "pure luxury". If yes no hotel you considered is an option. It´s down to Four Seasons, Amanoi and Park Hyatt in HCM. If you like rustic luxury Six Sences Nah Trang could be an option.
to be honest after some more research we might not stay in Phu Quoc and find a hotel in Da Nang. The Amanoi although looks amazing, feels too isolated, and the prices I did see online were £1K a night minimum, where as we would prefer to pay closer to £500-£600 a night. Have looked at the six senses and four seasons!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerwma
Would Amanoi suit a family (adults and older teens)? Or is it too honeymoon-ey?

Looking for beach resorts for Vietnam or Cambodia in December. Hoi An is too cold, so need somewhere further south. Open to elsewhere is SE Asia....
I was in Cambodia in Feb, and did not like the beach, we went to- Sihanoukville, if you’re looking for luxury I don’t there are really many/any options. There definitely seems to be better options in Vietnam. I’ve seen lots of villa resorts that are suitable for families - in Phu Quoc, Nha Trang and Da Nang
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Musken
Definitely Amanoi, it is the best by far! In Hoi An, go for a pool villa at the Four Seasons. I would do either HCM city or Hanoi, not both. Hanoi is much more interesting in my view, stay at the Sofitel Legend Metropole there.
out of curiosity why would you not do both Hanoi and HMC?

orbitmic likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.