FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Refusal to credit adjacent, but non-overlapping, stays
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:04 pm
neo_781

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mjh0
Hi new to the Hilton forum, but long time BAEC inmate, have with a question for the more seasoned Hiltonites. Couldn't see this answered in the FAQ, and a search for overlapping stays seemed to mostly concern genuine overlapping stays, and not the helpdesk being unhelpful.

I stayed in two different Hilton properties in the same city, two nights in property A, checked out of property A on the morning of day 3 of the trip, and on the evening of day 3 checked into property B on the other side of the city for two nights.

The points from property A did not credit, and the missing stay form resulted in "We can't locate the stay" despite providing the confirmation number. When I checked the Folio from the stay, what I could see is that the Guest Name on the folio had been altered (a leading space inserted before my first name, and dashes had been put in after my first and last names) effectively making it such that the Guest name would not match, so it didn't look like I was present for the stay.

So, I emailed in with the .pdf of the folio to show evidence of the stay, yet they now say it's an overlapping stay, because I (quote) "checked out of one property and into another on the same day".

The helpdesk are insisting this stay in Hilton A overlaps with the stay in Hilton B, and is ineligible for credit, yet I was not checked into both hotels simultaneously. I'm really unhappy with their response, and feel like I'm being fobbed off.
Who's wrong? Me or Hilton?
In the US I have hotel hopped and sometimes the hotels even share a parking lot.

Hotel A - Mon-Tue
Hotel B - Tue-Wed
Hotel A - Wed-Thu

My stays, nights and points always post fine. So the information you are getting is incorrect. Perhaps try reaching out to the hotel's accounting department and see if they can fix the name on your first folio and ensure your HH number is on their. They can also request (or resubmit a request) to post the stay. Hopefully that would fix it. Essentially try to work around corporate to see if that fixes it.