FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Refusal to credit adjacent, but non-overlapping, stays
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:55 am
puchong

Originally Posted by mjh0
Hi new to the Hilton forum, but long time BAEC inmate, have with a question for the more seasoned Hiltonites. Couldn't see this answered in the FAQ, and a search for overlapping stays seemed to mostly concern genuine overlapping stays, and not the helpdesk being unhelpful.

I stayed in two different Hilton properties in the same city, two nights in property A, checked out of property A on the morning of day 3 of the trip, and on the evening of day 3 checked into property B on the other side of the city for two nights.

The points from property A did not credit, and the missing stay form resulted in "We can't locate the stay" despite providing the confirmation number. When I checked the Folio from the stay, what I could see is that the Guest Name on the folio had been altered (a leading space inserted before my first name, and dashes had been put in after my first and last names) effectively making it such that the Guest name would not match, so it didn't look like I was present for the stay.

So, I emailed in with the .pdf of the folio to show evidence of the stay, yet they now say it's an overlapping stay, because I (quote) "checked out of one property and into another on the same day".

The helpdesk are insisting this stay in Hilton A overlaps with the stay in Hilton B, and is ineligible for credit, yet I was not checked into both hotels simultaneously. I'm really unhappy with their response, and feel like I'm being fobbed off.

Who's wrong? Me or Hilton?
Totally bogus reason for denying stay credits at both properties.

Did you get the full points (base + any applicable bonus) for both stays? Which city / properties?