FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Timing on WOH Visa $5K spend 2 qualifying nights
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:46 am
MarkOK

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by escape4
Is this BS? I do not think this info can be found anywhere so clearly, no. Some goodwilling FTer should correct me if I am wrong and save me some effort to dispute this.
@MarkOK just experienced the opposite of the smoke they are trying to blow up my a$$ and opposite of what supervisors have informed several FTers even after January 1st.
Maybe.

My guess is that perhaps they meant to have stated "All purchases for 2018 being ON STATEMENTS CLOSING January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018 will be credited towards the tier-qualifying status for 2018. All purchases ON STATEMENTS CLOSING from January 1, 2019 - December 31, 2019 will be counted towards 2019. All information can be found in the offer details for your World of Hyatt credit card on worldofhyatt.com or chase.com"

My job is 40% technical writing (proposals for funding, scientific papers and reports), and it is amazing how easy things are said somewhat imprecisely or incompletely by all of us (me included) on a day to day basis.

In your case, I would definately escalate as to why you were given the full 16 nights that should have been credited with your Jan 2019 statement